Ya know, I love food! LOL I also love being in shape and feeling good in a bikini. So what does a food lover do to balance these two? Well, I just create yummy meals that fit into my plan. This way I still achieve the results from my programming, but my taste buds are happy =). Here a just a few that I have been eating lately: Chicken/Walnut/feta salad, Blueberry pancakes & scrambled eggs with fried bologna. Let me preface by saying I am a southern girl at heart. No, some of the items are not the best for “healthy”, but they are fine to eat when I’m craving some southern cookin’. Enjoy!
Chicken Walnut Feta Salad:
- 1.5c mixed greens
- 55g Chopped grilled chicken
- 28g Trader Joe’s Fat Free Feta
- 14g chopped walnuts
- added veggies if you choose: chopped roma tomato, chopped onions, mixed
- peppers and cucumbers
Dressing: splash of pear infused vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
It can easily be tailored to your serving sizes to meet your “on plan” meal requirements
27g Prot/11g Fat/3g Carbs/218 Calories
- 24g Dry whole oats (this is just over 1/4 c)
- 22.4g almond flour (Bob’s Redmill) (this is a little less than a 1/4 c)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (I use Rumsford brand)
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1-2 packets of stevia in the raw
- 3/4 cup Egg whites (or whatever amount is on your plan)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp water
- 56g Blueberries (this was about 1/3 of a cup)
- Weigh out oats in a magic bullet cup Add the rest of the dry ingredients (through stevia) and blend into a flour.
- Add egg whites, vanilla and water to dry ingredients and blend again til smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides etc so all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Let sit for a few minutes to let the baking powder start to activate while your griddle preheats.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray and add a small scoop of the batter (1-1/2 tbsp I use my small cookie dough/melon scoop) top with 5-6 blueberries and then put another small scoop of batter on top to cover the blueberries. Repeat with remaining batter and blueberries. (I skipped the blueberries here…see last step to see what I did with the blueberries)
- Once the pancake starts to bubble flip and finish cooking. Then eat! Enjoy!
- I microwaved the blueberries for about 30-60 seconds until it was like a syrup and used it as a topping then add some sugar free or calorie free maple syrup.
[Macro Totals (this doesn’t include the xantham gum, cinnamon or vanilla, which is minimal but if your following a specific plan it may or may not count)]
25.8g Protein/13g Fat/29g Carbs/322 Calories
Scrambled eggs & Fried bologna:
- 2 Slices of white turkey “bologna”
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2c liquid egg whites
- 14g Diaya Cheese (or regular full fat)
- 4g extra virgin coconut oil (to coat the pans)
- Scramble eggs with cheese in one pan
- Cut the slices of bologna in ½ and fry to your liking
Option: serve with salsa and hot sauce. Enjoy!
30g Prot/20g Fat/7.5g Carbs/332 Calories
Free Nutrition eCourse
In this course, you will learn tools to help you not only make food choices, but also help you find a sustainable approach to nutrition that you can continue long term….not just for the next 2-3 weeks until you just HAVE to have that cupcake!! (It’s ok, we’ve all been there).
Great blog post thanks for posting
You’re welcome! Thanks for reading & please share 🙂 @Sharman