Mind Over Chatter
Module No. 2
We are so excited to be guiding you on this journey to better yourself mentally and physically! However, we know all this new information you just received can be pretty overwhelming. Don’t worry, that’s TOTALLY normal, we all feel that way when we commit to something new. If you’re nervous, then this is probably a good thing you’re doing. 😉
One way to help you move past this overwhelming spot is to eliminate some of that ‘mental chatter’ you’ve got going on up there in your head.
What is mental chatter?
It’s that drama you create in your mind, you know, that place that exists in your head where you play out all those ‘what if’ scenarios.
So often, we’re too caught up watching these scenarios in our heads that we forget something super important, they’re not real!!
To start off your journey, here are few things you can do to ensure less mental chatter, and more room for enjoyment of this new and exciting chapter!
Also, if you haven’t already go ahead and introduce yourself in the Facebook Group! I know that it can feel a bit uncomfortable at first, but transparency and community are two of the BIGGEST success tools you can use in this program. Don’t be shy, make this the first step you take in stepping outside of your comfort zone!
1. WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS...
…AND WHY YOU SHOULD ACCOMPLISH THEM.
This is number one for a reason! Biggest indicator of success right off the bat is that you physically write these down. Easiest way to go about this is:
- get a notecard or sticky
- write your 3 big goals
- write 3 keywords to help you remember why they are important
Post this on your bathroom mirror or somewhere you know you will see it every morning regardless what you’re doing. 😀
More on this topic here!
The easiest thing to start doing, yet the hardest thing for many to do.
The best way to go about this is quite simple – always have water or a jug/bottle in plain sight!
If you don’t have one you like, go out and buy yourself a cute and fashionable bottle that you will enjoy carrying around with yourself throughout the day.
Remember, your goal is 3-4L a day…that’s about 6-9 20 ounce bottles
We will be educating you on this more as time goes on, however this is too important not to mention!
Sleep is the most overlooked reason that people cannot lose fat/gain muscle! So, if quality or quantity of sleep is something you’re lacking just pick and try one of the methods below….
- Make it a rule 30 minutes before bed to turn off all electronics
- Decrease the temperature of your room/bed (60-67 degrees is optimal)
- Cut-off the caffeine by 2-3pm everyday
- Do a ‘mental dump’ before bed – write down all anxious thoughts
4. Day of Preparation
Set aside a few hours on Saturday or Sunday each week to:
- Make a grocery list/go shopping
- Pre-prepare your main ingredients (1 meat, 1 carb/veggie, 1 fat source)
- Read through your scheduled workout plan, document any unknowns or questions – determine if you can decipher on your own (Google) or use our community group in FB to contact one our coaches for some input!
- Schedule your workouts – look at these as appointments – set an alarm or reminder on your phone is you have to.
You are a priority. Treat yourself like it.
You wouldn’t skip out on a meeting for work would you?
Treat this the same way and you will reap what you sow.
HAVE FUN! Making fitness and nutrition a part of your daily life should be fun!
You can do this by:
- Make cooking/baking your new hobby, or at least somewhat. Do this by trying one new dish a week
- Download music that you enjoy working out to and find uplifting and fun (and share with the group)
- Sharing the fun with others – blog or use Facebook/Instagram to share your journey with us as well as others! You will be surprised at the positivity you’ll receive back. (hashtag #theomnifit #TransformationBlueprint
- Get a new workout outfit you feel good in – the difference this can make (especially on the days you don’t want to workout) is well worth the money spent!
Share Your Progress
Check in to keep track of the progress you’re making.
It’s time to record any measurements or progress indicators you’re tracking.
Note: If taking body measurements doesn’t feel like the right thing for you, or you know it’ll make you focus on the wrong things (i.e., numeric outcomes instead of daily behaviors), feel free to skip these.
Also note: If you’re taking part in one of our transformation challenges, you will need to regularly log these objective markers (body weight, girths).
What you’ll need if you’re tracking body change
If you’re tracking body change, here are a few tools you’ll find helpful:
- a reliable scale
- a cloth tape measure
- a digital camera or cell phone
If you choose your record your bodyweight be sure you are consistent with the time and place. We’d recommend doing this right when you wake up, after you go to the restroom and before you get dressed.
Have you ever noticed when you go to the doctor’s office that when you weigh it’s always more than you remembered?! Well, that’s because you are likely wearing some different and you’ve probably had different food and fluids. So, it’s best to just get this done first thing when you wake up.
The same goes for measurements. It’s best to do these at the same as well.
When it comes to progress pictures, consistency is so important. Wearing the same outfit and using the same lighting can drastically improve the outcome of your images. Shadows and bad angles can ruin the ability to see changes. Here are a couple bullets to ensure you get the most out of your progress pics:
- Lighting behind the camera (stand in front of a window or direct light, using a flash can help with this)
- Wear form fitting clothes like a two-piece suit or sports bra and compression shorts, but don’t wear clothes that are too tight.
- Same time of day. These don’t have to be on an empty stomach, but aim to be consistent to avoid things that will negatively impact your images.
Other ways to track progress
Again, you don’t have to track body measurements or take photos (unless you’re part of one of our body transformation challenges).
YOU decide what YOU want to track. What’s important to YOU. (And what’s not.)
- Sleep (quality & time)
Get ’em and forget ’em!
Measurement isn’t a judgement. It’s just information for making decisions.
Measurement is just one more tool we can use to help you move forward.
So when it comes to measurements, “Get ‘em and forget ‘em!”
Grab the numbers & pictures, input them, and re-focus on what truly matters: Doing the essential daily actions that create lasting change.
Let the Journey begin!
Learn More on YouTube
If you have questions about exercises checkout our growing Exercise Library. If you don't see a video you need, just let us know in the FB group and we will help you!
Thank you so much for trusting us to guide you on your journey! We are excited to grow with you.
Don't forget to tag us on your social media profiles when you post about your progress and use our team hashtags to share progress or support! (#theomnifit #TransformationBlueprint) If you're not already, connect with us below...
KALA DUNCAN Owner of The OMNI FIT
Join us in The OMNI FIT Facebook Community: Fit Me Forever
You may have some questions or want to share some of your progress through the week.
We’d love to hear from you!!